Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:33:18 -0500
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        vivid_liou@dlink.com.tw
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPsec --pluto patent

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 08:53:56AM +0800, vivid_liou@dlink.com.tw scribbled:
| We are a network company in Taiwan . We plain to support  IPsec protocol in our
| router.
| Should we get any licence or pay  before modification Pluto ?  If yes , would
| you please send me some information ?
| Then after evaluation , we can  contact with you .
| Thanks a lot !

Dear Mr Vivid Liou:

I assume that you know Chinese and can read BIG-5, so you can contact
me privately in BIG-5 Chinese if you wish.

http://oldorange.kame.net/faq/fom.cgi?file=3

KAME source has a BSDL style license there is no licensing fee or anything.
No need to get any license or pay anyone.
You do not even have to disclose the source that you modify.
Use it however you want.

However, the best way to ensure that D-Link's IPSEC has complete compatibility
is to release the code to the KAME developers.  And send them prototypes
of your router to test.  It would be a good idea to send the
FreeBSD Testlabs, Inc. betas of your router, too.

-Michael

=============Translation in Chinese===============
IPSEC跟KAME是完全免費BSDL, 你連自己改的source都不用公開
只要確定你在source裡留著內附的license就好

要保證完全跟其他人的IPSEC完全相容, 那就乾脆連你的router beta軟硬體
都給kame的作者群測試 , 順帶給FreeBSD的作者群也測試
寫信給他們罷

最後, 你們那個DFE530-TX的datasheet跟specification還有driver source code
放出來吧  *BSD/Linux 搞多久都弄不好你們的driver,
想要多賣點生意 那就放driver source放spec, 多幫open source一點忙吧
driver又不能賣錢, 這樣讓多點人買你們的卡不是很好?

這個mailing list很多台灣人在看:)
替公司作個公關吧....
| keichii@peorth.iteration.net         | keichii@bsdconspiracy.net |