Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:06:41 -0800
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anti-Unix Site Runs Unix

* Anthony Atkielski (anthony@freebie.atkielski.com) [020404 12:50]:
> Benjamin writes:
>
> > Funny. And not 4 months ago I was told I
> > could go to work for MSFT at a salary
> > higher than the industry rate.
>
> MSFT starting raising salaries around 1999, when the company's stock first
> started showing signs that it would not be doubling in value anymore.
>
> > Stock was not even mentioned, and it didn't
> > need mentioning.
>
> The stock hasn't been worth mentioning for the past two years or so.
>
> > I couldn't in good faith work for a company
> > who's products I don't enjoy using, and wouldn't
> > recommend for many situations.
>
> It's unfortunate that you allow prejudice to interfere with what might have
> been a great opportunity.

	I've little interest in becoming yet another Windows programmer. I would rather
not build the foundation of my career on a company which is currently juggling
numerous lawsuits, combating ever slowing new sales, struggling to put a new
revenue stream in place in the form of .Net, all while trying to salvage their
image as a software house that produces insecure and buggy software.

	Like I said, I couldn't in good faith work for a company I wouldn't recommend.
I'm not sure where the prejudice lies; I've worked with their products and
found them lacking for a good many situations. I have to wonder what kind of
person would suggest I forgo my principles and scruples for money though.

	Feel free to respond if you like, however I'll consider this thread over.
Conversing with you is like chasing rabbits; you keep dodging around, and
refuse to stand behind any particular argument.

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)