Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:04:43 -0700
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
To:        Jason Slack <slackmoehrle@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading FreeBSD Questions

Jason Slack wrote:
> I want to try version 7 as it has items of interest to me, but I am not one
> to continually wipe and reload my machine, can you upgrade from the test
> releases of 7 available now to the final release when ready? Or do you have
> to wipe?

You can easily upgrade from 7.0-BETA to 7.0-RELEASE without erasing your
drive.   Historically, FreeBSD has always been upgradeable even through
major releases, 4 to 5, 5 to 6.  Sometimes that has been more painful
than others.  Upgrading within a major release, 6.1 to 6.2, has always
been pretty easy.

Later,
Jason