Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:06:34 +0000
From:      carmoda <ffreebsd.org@carmoda.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with ordinary user permissions

~sigh~

seems like an awful lot of stuffing around for something that a
user/developer should be able to access by default *in my opinion*. so
far i have about 30% of functionality of my previous W2K system after
several times the time required for setup. [as a workstation]

FreeBSD may be 'free' and more stable, but after i add my time to a
setup it is over twice the price of XP Pro.

Something HAS to be done on the install front. I did select 'developer +
X-windows' in the sysinstall and i think it would make more sense if the
  account security was more 'open' for the average user given they would
be 'developing' on the platform. i mean, half of my apps didnt work due
to permissions being short. again, i did select that i wanted a
'developer - x-windows' install.