Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:23:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        jhb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Code review

In message: <200808251037.11126.jhb@freebsd.org>
            John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> writes:
: On Monday 25 August 2008 02:23:16 am M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > I did this a few years ago when trying to track down a problem with
: > some realtek network chips that I was having problems with at Timing
: > Solutions.  I'd like to get this into the tree, since it was helpful
: > then.
: >
: > Comments?
:
: When you are running a faster tick I think want to only call the mii and
: watchdog stuff once a second still.  I know this will break the tx watchdog
: for example.  Since it's kind of tricky to manage that I think you should
: just use a separate timer for the twister stuff.

Is this in general, or do you have a specific problem in mind with the
rl change?  In general, we're not transmitting during this exercise
and it happens only once...  Is it worth the extra hair?

Warner