Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 1996 23:10:55 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@gromit.pinpt.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Craig Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD: BSDI compliant?

At 08:09 PM 9/4/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>=20
>> =E7We're evaluating web servers/UNIX variants in our office and were=
 wondering
>> if FreeBSD will run software designed for BSDI. (Specifically the=
 Netscape
>> Communications Server)
>Yes, the Netscape Communications Server should work.  I have noticed some
problems
>with the 2.01 BSD version of the Netscape Navigator.  If I leave it up all=
 the
>time X will crash on me.  I am somewhat worried that there may be some=
 subtle
>differences that could cause problems.

Try v3 of Nav.  I had the same problem with v2.0x but it went away with v3.
(I have had v3 runing for about 9-10 hours a day under X w/xdm with no
problems.)

-Sean
---
Sean J. Schluntz			eMail schluntz@pinpt.com
Manager Support Services		Phone (408) 997-6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation		Fax   (408) 323-2300
		      http://www.pinpt.com/