Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:38:39 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Recommendations for PC based logic analyzer / grabbers?

Does anyone know of a good, inexpensive source for PC-based logic analyzers?

Don't need full PCI capture, full state analysis, or anything like that:
being able to look at peripheral buses, e.g. a CFI flash parallel bus,
LPC, ISA, i2c, and/or 10/100Mbit MDIO interfaces would be most useful.

This guy has covered some of the grabber bases, however being able to
get at really small arbitrary layouts e.g. with miniature pogo pins
would be even better:
    http://www.knjn.com/ShopCablesProbing.html

I see a lot of Chinese USB2 based stuff popping up on eBay. Trouble is
of course, they require Windows, and they don't have grabbers I can
easily attach to hardware with the probe cables.

Trouble with MiniLA is, whilst the designs are public, no one seems to
be manufacturing them. I found Tony Bybell, the maintainer of GTKWave,
is responsive and helpful to queries.