Date:      Sat, 19 May 2012 04:50:03 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller230@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Marcelo Gondim <gondim@bsdinfo.com.br>
Subject:   Re: Make buildkernel fails on /usr/src/sys/dev/ata/atapi-cam.c

> My daily stable/9 build (& boot) was successful at r235604:

> FreeBSD g1-227.catwhisker.org 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #162 235604M: Fri May 18 04:39:02 PDT 2012
> +root@g1-227.catwhisker.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY  i386

> Peace,
> david
> --
> David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org

So maybe I just need to csup again and try again, "make buildworld" followed by "make buildkernel"?

Where do you find the number r235604 either in the built-and-installed system or the source tree?

I looked in /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh and some other files.

> From Marcelo Gondim <gondim@bsdinfo.com.br>:

> You are using GENERIC kernel or custom kernel?
> You have "options         ATA_CAM" in your kernel conf?

It's a custom kernel, config file named SANDY, as in Intel Sandy Bridge.

Sure, I have "options ATA_CAM", believe that is necessary to be able to burn CDs or DVDs with a SATA drive.

That was discussed in a few past threads on questions@freebsd.org .

Tom