Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 13:27:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Fabrizio Invernizzi <Fabrizio.Invernizzi@CSELT.IT>
To:        FreeBSD QUESTIONS <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem installing 3.1-RELEASE on a DIGITAL CELEBRIS GL5133

Hi

I am installing FreeBSD-3.1-RELEASE on a DIGITAL CELEBRIS GL5133 (with
scsi hard disk).

The installantion procedure looks to work fine :
1-I created a single slice (da0s1)
2-I set this slice bootable
3-I select no boot manager and use MBR
4-I created the needed partitions (/,/var,/usr and swap)
5-I selected the distribuion and the media
6-I installed the system.

Everything looks ok!
When I reboot this message appears

missing operating system

If I boot with the installation floppy in and I enter
0:da(0,a)/kernel
the system starts properly.

I also try to install the boot manager:this gives two selection (I don' t
know why two if I installed only one operating system) , but it hangs if I
select FreeBSD.

Can someone help me?

Fabrizio