Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:00:28 +0000
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Replacement for KGET from KDE3

I'm looking for a replacement for kget from KDE3 which I use
with Konqueror on easynews.com. As the site has download accounting
and I have a slow dsl line I have hundreds of files queued-up - often
for months.

Ideally what I after is something similar

- Browser integration
- The ability to queue and reorder downloads with only one or a few
  downloading at once
- doesn't lose the queue on crashes.
- authentication, and ideally SSL, support

I thought I'd be able to get something working with Firefox+flashgot,
but aria dumps core, flashgot doesn't seem to do anything with
steadflow, urlgfe isn't recognised by flashgot and wxdfast doesn't seen
to be able to authenticate to easynews (any doesn't seem to have any
queue support anyway).

The last time I tried kget from KDE4 they'd removed the queue
management and made it like Opera and  Firefox's built-in download
manager.