Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:22:58 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
Cc:        William Evanson <evawil823@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make Fetch resume (Is is possible to do...)

On 2002-03-25 09:05, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> "William Evanson" <evawil823@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am still relatively new to the whole ports process.  I run a modem
> > connection and downloading distfiles can be a long process.  Is there
> > a way to set up the make install process to be able to resume after a
> > lost connection?  Can you configure it to use greed or other ftp
> > program?
>
>     yup. install e. g. wget (/usr/ports/ftp/wget), and put
>     'FETCH_CMD="/usr/local/bin/wget <options>"' in your /etc/make.conf.

Another option using tools from the base system is:

	FETCH_CMD=	/usr/bin/fetch -A -r

William, I have remove freebsd-ports from the Cc: list.  That list is not
appropriate for asking general questions.  Just post to freebsd-questions
the next time you want to ask :-)

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/