Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:34:35 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        doc@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   LinuxDoc -> DocBook cutover

Folks,

[ sent to -doc and -current, reply-to points back to -doc ]

I'm reasonably happy with the state of the DocBook handbook now, and am
about ready to do the cutover.

This involves changes to the website and to "make release".  I'm waiting
for feedback on patches that make these changes from a few interested
parties, and will then make the changes.  Probably at around 20:00 GMT on
Friday 26th March.

There is one outstanding issue with the DocBook conversion that I am aware
of;

  *  Generating the PDF version does not work, due to an overflow in v1.33
     of the DSSSL stylesheets that do the formatting.  All other formats
     (Postscript, plain text, HTML, RTF) are generated correctly.

     This problem is fixed in v1.37 of the stylesheets, but that revision
     introduces a different problem that badly affects the formatting.
     I am collaborating with the stylesheet author on a fix.

I do not consider this to be a showstopper.

Any objections?

                    Bagel: The carbohydrate with the hole