Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:07:47 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        "Thomas M. Sommers" <tms2@mail.ptd.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange behaviour of chown(due to my lameness probably)

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:35:26PM +0200, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

>   Wait.even the files that are owned by user who intend to change its
>   ownership?Effictively,giving ownership to someone other over?

Yes, well, it seems the only safe way of 'giving' files to anyone when
you're not superuser, is to set up the file permissions, and have that
user copy the file.  After he's done with copying, you remove your copy.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr>
See the headers of this message for my public key fingeprint.