Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 19:23:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <uid0@catastrophe.net>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'uid0@catastrophe.net'" <uid0@catastrophe.net>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Printer Sharing

yes it was attached to the parallel port.

i had a fun day trying to sort out a Windows domain (ack)
since most of the machines were just thrown wherever on the
network and in different domains.

*sigh* when are these mcse's going to get 1/2 a clue?

On or about May 28, 2001 at 15:48 [+0100] Koster, K.J. proclaimed:

; Dear uid0,
;
; >
; > I'm going to be setting up a file server that will be sharing an
; > HP LasterJet 5 printer. Are there any caveats when working with this
; > ...wonderful...little hardware device? :)
; >
; > I'm expecting that Samba will be used as the interface - but are there
; > hardware problems?
; >
; Check out Samba and Ghostscript. I'm sure the manual pages should tell you
; where to go.
;
; As for hardware: it's a printer with a parallel port interface, yeah? :-)
;
;     Kees Jan
;
;  You are only young once,
;        but you can stay immature all your life.
;
; To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
; with "unsubscribe freebsd-hardware" in the body of the message
;