Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 19:37:27 -0400
From:      Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bug wich crashes freebsd 3.2

Kent Stewart wrote:

> [...]

--- start dutch ---
I tried to duplicate what you described as an user in KDE mounting a
floppy [konsole: su to root, only root is allowed to mount here] and
removing the floppy to flip the switch to R/W. Everything is fine on
this machine, FreeBSD3.2-R, wd0, fd0, cdrom - all OK.

1) tried on both kinds of floppies, BSD and MDOS.
2) tried writing to empty floppy drive
3) tried writing to MSDOS mounted disk with a BSD File System disk
   in the drive.

Result: No crash, I am not sure why I did not get a message that I was
        swapping floppies of different file systems when I wrote a file.

steps:

1) mount_msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy
2) take out mounted floppy and put in the BSD disk
3) write the test text file to /floppy from /cdrom

      . no diagnostic

      . file was file, cool
      #

Works fine. I guess I will find out why 'mount' or 'cp' did not tell
me I swapped file systems in my, "check when I have nothing else to do"
box. However, if I should have been told I would like to know.

-d
---