Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:46:51 +0100
From:      Sascha Klauder <sascha@trimind.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   snd_t4dwave(4) broken in RELENG_7?

Hi all,

 can someone verify whether snd_t4dwave is working in RELENG_7?

 After upgrading my 6.2-STABLE (from March 2006) to 7.0-BETA2,
I get "pcm0:play:dsp0.p1: play interrupt timeout, channel dead"
errors a few seconds after playback started.

 It's a HP nx9005 laptop, so I'm not sure if it could be ACPI-
related, but sound was working fine ever since I installed 5.2
on it.  Disabling ACPI makes no difference.

 Verbose dmesg available here:
http://evenstar.shopkeeper.de/~sascha/nx9005/misc/dmesg-7-verbose
(actually still from a -CURRENT shortly before the branch)

Cheers,
-sascha