Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:08:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>
To:        Michael Copini <michael.copini@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com905b FAST ETHERNET PCI Card

> I'm having a problem with my FreeBSD 2.2.5 installation. It seems that
> the system is finding the PCI card at startup but shows [No driver
> attached]. What do I need to do. According to the approved hardware list
> the 3ccom 3c905B is supported.

You will need to use a more recent SNAP release in order to get support
for the 905B.  The driver was recently integrated and the newest SNAP
releases will contain it.  You should be able to find them on
releng22.freebsd.org and the driver is the xl driver.

Good Luck,

Nathan

Nathan Ahlstrom
nrahlstr@winternet.com