Date:      17 Dec 97 10:46:34 +0330
From:      "MUTHU" <MOLAGAPP.IN.oracle.com.ofcmail@in.oracle.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compile dependencies

Hi,

  I was compiling the GENERIC 3.0 or SMP-GENERIC 3.0 config file in the
machine which has 2.2.2 Freebsd version. The compile failed becase it could
not find the structure defined namely "struct ether_multistep" if
/usr/src/sys/pci/if_de.c

static void
tulip_addr_filter(
    tulip_softc_t * const sc)
{
#if defined(__FreeBSD__) && __FreeBSD__ >= 3
    struct ifmultiaddr *ifma;
    u_char *addrp;
#else
    struct ether_multistep step;
    struct ether_multi *enm;
#endif

   This struture namely "ether_multistep" is not defined anywhere. Is is
enough if we have FreeBSD version 3.0 C compiler to overcome such problems or
do I have to upgrade the system to version 3.0 to compile the sources of
version 3.0.

   Can anybody help me?

Regards,

Muthu. O.L.