Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 18:01:17 +0200
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   createing users homedir on first login

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

Hi,

I have set up some FreeBSD 5 Workstations and configured nss to get the=20
accounts from ldap. Pam is also set up to work with ldap. Everything so=20
far is runningnperfectly smooth. The problem is the workstations don`t have
a shared filesystem. Each user should have an seperate homedir on every=20
workstation.=20

I tried to use pam_exec to create the homedir on the first login. But it
seams there is now way of knowing who is logging. I've even tried=20
to use pw usershow -a to get all users and create all homedirs but=20
pw usershow -a don't report any users when started from a shellscript=20
called by the pam_exec module.=20

Anyone successfully implemented a system to create homedirs on the fly.=20

bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | E-Mail: estartu@augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
Germany            |                                    |    on request

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N--