Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:14:38 +0300
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        Franz Stieber <f.stieber@gmx.at>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SimCity 3000 for Linux with linux_base

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 11:13:15AM +0100, Franz Stieber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run SimCity 3000 for Linux und FreeBSD STABLE-4.5 with the
> linux_base (6.1). Under RedHat Linux 6.1 there is no problem to run the
> game, but under FreeBSD with the emulation the program makes a
> Segmentation Fault with the following output:
> BUG! (Segmentation Fault)  Going down hard...
> Sim City 3000 Unlimited 2.0.955
> Built with glibc-2.1

[skip]

I run SimCity 3000 for Linux und FreeBSD-4.5-S
./sc3u -v
2.0.955a
Built with glibc-2.1 on Oct 26 2000

without of any problem.
If you can't run sc3u with your native locale, just type:

$ LANG=C ./sc3u -w -intro:off

--

Rgdz,                                /"\
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,               \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN