Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 23:53:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ugo Paternostro <paterno@dsi.UNIFI.IT>
To:        Hideki Yamamoto <hyama@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount_msdos and msdosfs for VFAT/FAT32 access

On 10-May-98 Hideki Yamamoto wrote about "Re: mount_msdos and msdosfs for
VFAT/FAT32 access":
> (2) the mounted MSDOS file systems cannot sometimes unmounted.

How frequent is this? I usually don't unmount those file systems, but I tried
to umount/mount them some times without any problem:

ugo@pegasus:/home/ugo [0]# umount /mnt/xchange_1 ; umount /mnt/limbo ; umount
/mnt/dos ; umount /mnt/windows95
ugo@pegasus:/home/ugo [0]# mount /mnt/xchange_1 ; mount /mnt/limbo ; mount
/mnt/dos ; mount /mnt/windows95

[ I repeated the above lines 5 times and got no errors but the "Bad exports
  list line" I already reported. ]

>     other cannot be unmounted with "Device busy" message after
>     'umount /dos-d.'
>     When typing 'umount /dos-d' before 'umount /dos', the result
>     is the same as the above.  /dos-d cannot be unmounted with
>     "Device busy."  I call it "un-unmount problem."

It seems to me that you have the same error (device busy when trying to unmount
dos-d). Silly question: is the device busy? :-)

> Do -stable users see the same problems, especially on removable
> medias?

I could try to (u)mount a few times a floppy, if you like. No other removable
media on my side.

> Hideki Yamamoto (hyama@acm.org)

Bye, UP