Date:      Sat, 07 Nov 1998 02:39:24 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Daniel Berlin <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Halloween memo - what does it mean?

Wes Peters wrote:
> Microsoft DOES participate in a well-organized conspiracy to get their
> software onto every computer in the world, it's called "the Marketing
> Department."  It's obviously very effective, because they haven't won
> their current sales figures through technological superiority;>

A classic example of "Well-marketed mediocrity will triumph over
technical excellence every time"

> --
>              Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?
>
> Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
> Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com

   When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.uk.radan.com