Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:34:44 -0400
From:      froekjaerf@netscape.net (Flemming Froekjaer)
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SIG codes > 128 allowed?

In signal.h, more precisely the struct __siginfo, si_code is defined as an
integer, but the same include file also defines the constant _SIG_MAXSIG,
with a value of 128. Does this mean that FreeBSD won't allow signal codes
above 128, or can you use the whole positive spectrum of an integer?

The reason I ask is that I want to define a sighandler for every thread in a
process. As you may know, threads share the parent process' signal handlers,
so I'll need a unique signal code for each thread. I anticipate that the
number of threads per process will be about a thousand.

Thanks