Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 20:16:34 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup cannot parse stable-supfile?

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.971104163128.23529F-100000@militzer.me.tuns.ca>,
Antonio Bemfica  <bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca> wrote:
> When I try to use the example file available at ftp.freebsd.org, CVSup
> gives me an error:
>
> 	mechv:/usr/sup.sh# cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile
> 	Parsing supfile "/usr/sup.sh/stable-supfile"
> 	Release not specified for collection "*default"
>
> I upgraded to the latest CVSup, but that didn't solve it. I do have a
> working supfile, but still would like to know the proper syntax.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner.  I just came home from holiday.

I am almost certain that you still have an old version of CVSup in
your $PATH.  Type "cvsup -v" and see what it says.  If you have the
current version, it will say "Software version: 15.2".  I bet it
won't say that. ;-)  Use "which cvsup" to find the old version, and
get rid of it.

John