Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:49:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        dillon@earth.backplane.com (Matt Dillon)
Cc:        peter@netplex.com.au (Peter Wemm), DougB@DougBarton.net (Doug Barton), karsten@rohrbach.de, imp@harmony.village.org (Warner Losh), grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey), areilly@bigpond.net.au (Andrew Reilly), obrien@FreeBSD.ORG (David O'Brien), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ** HEADS UP ** portmap daemon renamed to rpcbind

>     Ok guys.  I just had to fix a problem with portmap in -stable related
>     to binding to specific IP addresses so replies to UDP packets come
>     'from' the proper IP address (for multi-homed hosts).

This has been a problem with portmap for as long as I can remember (back
to the SunOS 3.5 days) and if you have finally fixed it WONDERFULL!!!

I hope you have commited it, or well soon, to -stable, as this one has
surely been one to send many a young admin screaming from his cubicle
yelling ``but it should work, it really should just work''.

>     Question:  Does the rpcbind program in -current have the same problem
>     or has it already been fixed by whomever you imported the code from?
>     (If it hasn't been fixed I'll be happy to fix it.  I'm hoping it has,
>     though).

Given the length of time that this problem has existed some how I doubt
it...

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net