Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:45:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Brunner <cjb@efn.org>
To:        Reisha & Darrell Basdeo <rdbasdeo@carib-link.net>
Cc:        Norman C Rice <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Freebsd <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Luigi Rizzo <l.rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM and SB16 PnP IDE Connector

Well, I am currently running my IDE CD-ROM drive off of the IDE controller
on my SB32 PnP, so I can tell you it works.  The way I did it was to add
another controller line to my kernel config file:

controller      wdc2    at isa? port "IO_WD3" bio irq 10 vector wdintr
disk            wd4     at wdc2 drive 0

Where the IDE on my soundcard uses irq 10.
This will work after you hack at some of the header files.  You need to
add the following line to /sys/i386/isa/isa.h:

#define IO_WD3        0x168        /* IDE CD-ROM controller on the SB */

Where 0x168 is the address of my IDE port on my soundcard.
I think there may be another file or two you'll need to edit before
this'll compile smoothly.  It should be fairly obvious, just try to make
it and see what file gives you an error.
Hope all this helps!

- Chris Brunner -
- cjb@efn.org   -