Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:42:29 +0400
From:      Alexey Neyman <alex.neyman@auriga.ru>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Things to remove from /rescue

Hi, there!

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 19:30, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> I don't see this as an unreasonable requirement, and I can't see what
> great cost it incurs that would motivate us to remove support for it.

Can't all this be done in a "user needs it, user adds it" fashion? E.g., to
add /etc/rescue.mk that will be .include'd in src/rescue/rescue/Makefile,
adding the required binaries to the CRUNCH_PROGS_bin, CRUNCH_PROG_sbin,
CRUNCH_LIBS lists?

E.g:
--- /etc/rescue.mk ---
CRUNCH_PROGS_sbin += chown

This will allow the "base" list to be trimmed to some minimalist level, and
will still allow the users to add whatever they [think they] need to restore
their system.

Regards,
Alexey.

--