Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 16:01:44 +0200 (EET)
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: utmp changes

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
   >but this is what I conceive as changing.  The big thing is I'd like to fix
   >the size of the utmp structure once and for all, and define the reserved
   >area as must-be-zero so we don't get in the mess we just got in ever again. :-

I would rather see variable-length records, it would save space and it is
the only way to be sure it will be enough for quite some time.  It would be
more difficult to parse, but most of that can be hidden into a library.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND, hsu@clinet.fi
mobile +358-40-5519679 work +358-9-43542270 fax -4555276