Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 08:26:36 +0200
From:      Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv - NTSC taps

Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> > Though I wanted to convert it to MPEG after that, what failed cause I
> > couldn't find the tools needed for that.
>
> That's what I'm after also. I found some Windows tools LSX/MPEG converter.
> Free (30s play time limited) demo.
>
> Havn't yet found a commandline tool for that.

Well, when you record to disc via fxtv it writes a shell script
which includes everything to convert the recorded sequence to mpeg.
All you need is described in fxtv's port Makefile. Just look at it
and you will find references to sox, mpg123, mpeg_musicin,
mpeg_encode and mplex, everything in the ports. Just edit the
Makefile and remove the # in front of RUN_DEPENDS and make install.
Thats it, now you have all the tools you need.

Thanks Randall! fxtv is great, especially for recording.

--
Tom