Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2017 18:36:12 -0400
From:      Ryan Steinmetz <zi@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rafal Lukawiecki <raf@rafal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg.freebsd.org mirror having issues?

On (09/02/17 22:22), Rafal Lukawiecki wrote:
>Ryan,
>
>I am glad to hear there is a reason for it. I am still awaiting a server to finish building, it has been some 25 minutes, looks like 2 min timeouts between files. :)

Looks like I misspoke.  This actually didn't have anything to do with my
testing, but rather another mirror that was having issues.

The 2 minute delay you were experiencing was caused by pkg waiting for a
timeout on another mirror before trying one that is responding.

I've removing the offending mirror for now and will investigate a more
automatic solution in the near future.

-r