Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 20:59:10 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest version of teTeX

Rob wrote:

>> texconfig dvips paper letter
>

> Can someone please tell me in detail how to make papersize default to a4?
> I desperately need this, until the teTeX port gets fixed.
> I can't print anymore, because my printer chokes on letter size!
>
> Sorry, I'm not that much of an expert on teTeX configuration. That never
> bothered
> me, since, until recently, teTeX always worked out-of-the-box.

This is what I did.  First remove the directory /var/db/ports/teTeX and
contents, if it is there.  Now install the teTeX port, selecting all the options
(especially DVIPSK and XDVIK) to be on.  Next, go to
/usr/local/share/texmf/dvips/config/.  Copy to config.ps.tetex to config.ps, and
then edit config.ps deleting the first "%" at the beginning of every line.  My
guess is that at this point dvips should now be a4, but if not, run the program
texconfig and work your way around the menus.