Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:15:18 -0600
From:      Steve Peterson <stevep-hv@zpfe.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   /bin/chown linked to /bin/echo?

Just spent the last hour bashing my head against the wall trying to get the
Tomcat startup script running, and traced it down to the "chown" silently
failing.  Well, it was actually not quite silent -- it was running echo
instead.

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       9 Oct 23  2001 chown -> /bin/echo

This on a system that started as a 4.2 install, IIRC.

My other FreeBSD machine doesn't have any entry for chown in /bin, so I
suspect this is leftover cruft from a previous release.

Any reason why I shouldn't just blow the link away?