Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 12:17:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@spirit.cis.uoguelph.ca>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.org, gibbs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NO_PACKAGE and NO_CDROM

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Anyone object to the idea of ports-{foo,bar,...} going away and being
> replaced by one ports-all?  Does anyone here even sup a partial
> ports tree?  I know that I never have..

The only thing I can see as an advantage of the ports-* structure is that
if one doesn't run X, or doesn't have need for the russian or japanese
ports, they can leave them out of the supscan. Other than that, no, I
usually grab the whole ports tree every week.

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                         james@nexis.net |
| Integrator, The Nexis Group                     Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |