Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:07:43 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        Juha.Nurmela@quicknet.inet.fi, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: brooktree 848 and no sound

David,

oops sorry.
My previous reply about the Gateway OEM Bt848 cards does
not apply to you.

I thought you had an old Bt848 card. It seems you have the
newer Bt878 card, make by STB.

I already know that the sound on this card does not work.
Unfortunatly I do not know why. It uses a standard TDA9850
(and not the rarer TDA9xxx chip other cards used).
So, it should work.

However, it does not. I've tried a few things myself but
really we need to speak to STB engieners directly and ask them
about their "audio multipexer wiring"

I'll see if I can find a UK number and call them.
Bye
Roger