Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 02:29:05 +0000
From:      "Lightning Firestormer" <lightningfire@lightspeed.net>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't get FreeBSD 2.2.5 to recognize controller card

> Subject:       Re: Can't get FreeBSD 2.2.5 to recognize controller card
> To:            lightningfire@lightspeed.net (Lightning Firestormer)
> Date:          Wed, 10 Dec 1997 05:20:40 -0500 (EST)
> Cc:            questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> From:          "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>

> Lightning Firestormer said:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I downloaded FreeBSD 2.2.5 the other day, and when I went to attempt
> > to install it I found that it won't detect my PCI-based controller
> > card.   The unit is a Promise Technologies Ultra33 (the card has been
> > on the market since May).   Is there anything I can do to get FreeBSD
> > to recognize it?
> >
> FreeBSD-current works with it.

What's the word on how long until the support that FreeBSD-current
has for the card becomes part of FreeBSD-stable?   I've enough
trouble with configuration on this heavily-customized system, and I
try to avoid the bleeding edge like the plaque (this system is messy
enough to troubleshoot as-is).

Lightning (lightningfire@lightspeed.net)