Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:52:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      carlo@vis.ethz.ch (Carlo Dapor)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any plans to integrate gcc 3.0.1 ?

Fellow hackers

Are there any plans to upgrade GCC to 3.0.1 in the near future ?
Has anybody built the world with the GCC 3.0.1 ?  If not, I might give it a
try.  I built the most recent version from the ports.

Ciao, derweil,
--
Carlo

PS:  I am asking this because I am not able to successfully bootstrap GNU
     Smalltalk with the JIT enabled, due to a GCC bug.  I hope to be more
     successfull with the 'new' GCC.