Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:46:23 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No man pages for root

Hello FreeBSD people,
For no apparent reason, root can no longer use man pages on my FreeBSD
machine. Normal users, however, can use man pages just fine.
Whenever any man command is given in root, root gets the message "No manual
entry for foo."
The last thing that I did was modify some of the files in /usr/share/skel,
but I fail to see what that has to do with anything. I may have unwittingly
done something else that I cannot remember, though.
Note that "manpath" returns the exact same value for both root and normal
users, which is the default manpath.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how this might be remedied?

Many thanks,

Charles Burns