Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:08:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      Rasmus Skaarup <freebsd-mobile@gal.dk>
To:        roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dell TrueMobile Mini-PCI problems (Was: Re: STABLE vs. CURRENT for laptops)

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch wrote:

> > As described in an e-mail I sent a few days ago
> >
> > http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=254419+0+current/freebsd-mobile

Now:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=254419+0+archive/2002/ \
freebsd-mobile/20020303.freebsd-mobile

[Dell TrueMobile 1150 Mini-PCI Wireless NIC]

> As for the TrueMobile card, I am not that far with installing my system.
> That card looks like a carbus card, which would mean that there is no go
> with stable.

Not true, it works just fine if you have one with the "old" firmware. I
upgraded the TrueMobile driver on the Windows XP partition of my Inspiron
and it somehow screwed up the card, and FreeBSD isn't able to use it
anymore (use the link above for details). Before that, the following:

pccard_enable=YES
pccardd_flags="-I -i 11"

entries in /etc/rc.conf was all it took.

I've asked Dell to send me a card with the old firmware to confirm that
this is where the problem lies, I should receive it in 2-3 days.

Best regards,
Rasmus Skaarup