Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 09:12:34 +0300
From:      Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tomcat4 port and jvm arguments (and more)

Hi,

On Friday 10 May 2002 13:29, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> At the moment it is not possible to pass arguments to the Java VM using=
 the
> daemonctl program (of which tomcat4ctl is an instance).
>
> Please file a PR for this. I will look into it ASAP.

=09Done. PR number is ports/38018. I found also another problem which
=09is related to tomcat shutdown. The daemonctl stops tomcat via kill -SI=
GTERM
=09which causes immediate exit so servlets are not properly unloaded
=09(which causes problems if servlets have allocated external resources
=09which need to be explicitly released in destroy-method). The
=09PR number for this problem is ports/38020.

=09Ari S.