Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:08:26 -0800
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxtv newbie questions

I just purchased a Hauppauge WinTV (Bt878) and have Fxtv working "alright".
I have a few questions/annoyances though...

When I press the "full screen" button on the remote the image goes
full-screen like it should. But when I press the button a second time
the screen goes black. Pushing it a third time brings the full screen
image back. I have to push it a fourth time to put it back to a window.
I have a remote button bound to TVQuit(), but if I've pushed the "full
screen" button once then pushing the off button leaves the screen black
until I manually change resolutions. What's going on here and how can I
fix it?

Is there any way to bind a remote button to flip back and forth between
two channels like most regular TV remotes have? This seems like such a
basic thing but I can't find any way to do it.

This device should be able to play cable radio... Can it be done with
Fxtv or is there some other program I should be using?

What do you folks do to stop xscreensaver from kicking in while you're
watching TV? I guess a script to kill the xscreensaver server, run fxtv,
then restart the xscreensaver server would work but I'm wondering if
there's a better way.