Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 09:14:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, andreas@klemm.gtn.com
Subject:   Re: aspfilter

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Thomas Widlundh wrote:

> Hi again,
> I ain't easy this you know...
> I'm configging my printer, and I'm in the work of installing aspfilter.
> Well...I thought I had to install aspfilter, and perhaps some dependance.
> Suprise, Surprise. Soon I've installed almost everything there is! ;-)
> Is this really necessary? I just want to be able to print without the
> staircasing and perhaps som graphics through ps and netscape.
> Is it impossible to do that without lots of other programs?
> Doesn't aspfilter work at all without all these proggs?
> Is there an easier way to print from netscape and without staircasing?
> I'm practically out of diskspace for /usr. Perhaps I can move some to my first
> disk and make links?

hmmm, no garantee that it'll work, but you may be able to try an
older version of apsfilter from the ports or this URL:

http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas/download/

apsfilter has always required a LOT of packages, trust me, it's
just really cool to be able to:

lpr mygif.gif

and have it print for you :)

although, it would be nice to have a minimal install option/version
for only doing postscript printing for those of us with limited
disk or CPU.

any chance of that Andreas? :)

thanks,
-Alfred