Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 06:18:51 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup: what's the progress look like?

Len Conrad wrote:

> >IME, cvsup never sits there doing nothing. There's nearly always some
> >disk activity when running cvsup. What is it doing at this time?

I know this is a good distance from you, but try cvsup-ing
from cvsup8.freebsd.org. There was a note the other day from
the maintainer, touting this as the newest server with very
low load at this time. Also try running cvsup with the -L 2
option for more verbosity. It does not give a plethora of
information, but it is better than nothing. Finally, if you
are running an X desktop of any kind, try cvsup from there.
The cvsup GUI gives the most information as to what cvsup is
doing.

--
Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of
intelligence.