Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:31:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Wyatt Nordstrom <wyattn@nortel.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fw:help with interrupt-level buffer overflows

On 24 Nov 1997, Wyatt Nordstrom wrote:

The original message wasn't sent until 7:45 am, two hours before you sent
this one.  Must have forgotten to clear the queue before disconnecting for
the day?

> I recently installed FreeBSD on a second partition of my hard drive. So far
> everything works fine EXCEPT my mouse. I have a serial mouse, standard
> Microsoft or mouse system compatible. I am attempting to use it on mouse
> system setting. When I enter x-win everything seems fine until I use my
> mouse. I then receive the following messages printed to every xterm which is
> initially opened. The following messages occur only when the mouse is being
> utilized. If the mouse is sitting still, I do not receive any messages.
>
> NOV 21 20:31:48 myname /kernal: sio0: 253 more interrupt-level buffer overflows
> (total 253)

The sio(4) man page indicates that this error originates in part of the
interrupt handler for the driver.  Verify that the settings for sio0 are
correct.  Also try booting with the -v option on Boot: and check out the
probe output for the sio0 device.

Double check that nothing is stomping on IRQ 4 too.