Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:56:07 +0000
From:      eoghan <freebsd@redry.net>
To:        Ashley Moran <ashley.moran@codeweavers.net>
Cc:        freebsd@osx.demon.nl, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tomcat on freebsd

Ashley Moran wrote:
>> Hi
>> Nope I dont have that. I did try run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat55.sh to
>> start it but without having added tomcat_enable="YES" to my rc.conf.
>> Nothing happened. So I will add that line and try it again...
>> Thanks for the info.
>> Eoghan
>
> All the rc.d scripts work the same - they check to see if they are enabled
> (from the script's point of view, when you call them manually it's no
> different than being called at boot time).  You can also
> call /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat55.sh with force/one before the start to make
> it run without the rc.conf variable but I've never actually used them)
>
> Ashley

Thanks
I have added tomcat_enable="YES" to my rc.conf.
When I try run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat55.sh start it just does not
seem to do anything. Is there something I am missing? I type the command
(as root) hit enter and it just goes to the next prompt line. Tried to
go to localhost:8080 (and 8180) but nothing. Is there somewhere I can
check to find out what is going wrong?
Thanks
Eoghan