Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:33:24 +1100
From:      JacobRhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        Mike Jeays <Mike.Jeays@rogers.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB disks on FreeBSD 4.7

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 02:56 pm, Mike Jeays wrote:
> I have a  4.7 system, and have trouble with an Apacer Flash Memory
> 64 MB disk.  I can read and write the FAT system on it if it is
> plugged in at boot time, but I cannot remount it if I unmount
> it, unplug it, and then plug it in again.

> da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> da0: < USB DISK 2.08> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
> da0: 650KB/s transfers
> da0: 62MB (128000 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 62C)
> (da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): READ(6)/WRITE(6) not supported, increasing
> minimum_cmd_size to 10.

I have looked up what I type to control my USB card reader, here are the
commands i use:

  camcontrol devlist    -- shows you what devices are attached
  camcontrol eject      -- type this if you want to detach your device
                                     or if you want to stop the cf card and
                                     put a new one in
  camcontrol start      -- after inserting a new cf card, do this to
                                     make it mountable

Make sure you umount your device before you do the camcontro eject or you
might loose some data.

Regards,
Jacob
JacobRhoden -- http://rhoden.id.au/