Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:03:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does de driver do 100MBIT Full Duplex?

> It seems to me, that the fact that the most popular driver for FreeBSD
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you mean the "ed" driver ? :)

Seriously, the 21x4x cards are nice and cheap (considering their
performance), but I suspect there are far more NE2000 clones around
(both PCI and ISA) than the total of other network cards.

What you say (delay the release of 2.2 until we had a stable "de"
driver) would have only been possible if there were someone paid for
fixing the driver with some reasonable deadline. Nothing like that in
our project.

	Cheers
	Luigi