Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:20:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KDE and GDM after Updating to 4.4-PRERELEASE

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Kent Stewart wrote:

> Chris BeHanna wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Kent Stewart wrote:
> >
> > > Where did you get your copy of kdebase-2.1.1? It won't build from the
> > > current port setup.
> >
> >     Really?  It built just fine for me.  I cvsup'd 2001.08.02.02.17
> > UTC, and built on a world cvsup'd 2001.07.25.02.28.05 UTC.
>
> I finally figured out that it would build. It just wouldn't make a package.
> I have a system hang using KDE and 4.4-prerelease. It just took longer when
> I didn't do a power control shutdown of the monitor. One would hang in 30
> minutes and the other was on the order of 200 minutes of idle time.

    I sometimes saw hangs under 1.1.2 when the sound daemon got into a
tight loop.  Killing the sound daemon would unfreeze the box.  Of
course, it takes awhile until the process you're using to kill the
sound daemon finally gets a time slice.

    I'm not running 4.4-PRERELEASE.  I'm anxiously awaiting RC0.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)