Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:40:38 -0800
From:      richard childers / kg6hac <fscked@pacbell.net>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: splash_bmp_load problems.

"bitmap_load="NO"
bitmap_name="/boot/splash.pcx"
splash_pcx_load="NO"

I was looking at the splash(4) stuff myself last week, and I seemed to
recall it expected a '.bmp' file, by default. I note this is described (see
above) as a type '.pcx' file, and further, that you seem to have
'splash_pcx_load' set to 'NO'.

Could this inconsistency be the cause of problems?

-- richard