Date:      Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:43:34 -0700
From:      Craig Milo Rogers <rogers@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        java-port@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Undefined Symbol: xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass

>	Using jdk1.1.8 (09-Nov-1999) on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE, I get the
>following error when I attempt to run my Java program:
>
>java edu.isi.activate.ua.mgmt.applet.CheckTopology bro.isi.edu
>/auto/boreas/jade/rogers/freebsd/jdk1.1.8/lib/i386/green_threads/libawt.so: Un
defined symbol "xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass" (libawt.so)
>java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no awt in shared library path
>        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
>        at
>        at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:399)
>        at java.awt.Font.initializeFont(Font.java:106)
>        at java.awt.Font.<init>(Font.java:121)

	My apologies.  The error message goes away when I define
"DISPLAY".  Sigh.  The error message could bave been more pertinent;
is this a function of the port, or is it a product of Sun's original
code, I wonder?

	Thanks again, and sorry to have bothered you.

					Craig Milo Rogers