Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:23:01 -0600
From:      Randy Smith <randys@amigo.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web Interface for adduser

Jonathan Slivko wrote:

> While sudo/webmin are good options, it's always a nice (and
> personal touch) to have a shell script to do that for you. It
> really shouldn't be that difficult, just create a webform hooked
> up into a database which remotely adds users every 5 minutes or
> so, and you should be set. While I have not done this personally,
> I can further discuss what I believe to be a workable idea in
> private if anyone is interested. --Jonathan

I have done a similar thing to get my billing server to automatically
create accounts on my mail server. I works reasonably well and my
clients understand when I tell that it will be a few minutes before the
system updates.

Let me know privatly, if you want a copy of the script.

Randy

> Jonathan M. Slivko <js43064n@pace.edu>
> Technical Support, Black Lotus Communications
> http://www.blacklotus.net -- check us out!

> From: "Jeremy Buckner" <jeremy@cableaz.com>
> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:23:55 -0700
>

>>Hey all, quick question.. I have a new mail\web server
>>running 4.3. Everything is cool there but I was wondering if
>>there was some sort of html interface (or something else)
>>that would allow my help desk techs to add and remove users
>>ONLY without having to ssh into the box and su to root. I
>>think about the latter and my mind spins with the potential
>>security risks. Can anyone help?

>>with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

Randy Smith
Amigo.Net Systems Administrator
1-719-589-6100 x 4185
http://www.amigo.net/